Sunday, February 6, 2011

DELTA: Snicker's Life is worth $10

Just posted over at Sphynxlair - sadly no, this isn't a joke. 

Hi Everyone, I wanted to first thank everyone for their support. You are all truly wonderful.


I haven't posted an update on Delta because I feel so defeated & mentally exhausted. To explain: In the end, they (Billy Freeman/Delta Airlines) have finally put a price tag on life. They have valued my Snickers life based on dimensional weight. They equate each pound to be worth 50 cents. The carrier had a dimensional weight of 20 pounds. Doing some really simple mathematics, the value of life in this instance is $10. (True Colors anyone?)


The sad part is this -- I would rather have had them tell me to go screw then to add insult to an already devastating situation. $10? Are you kidding me?


I emailed Billy to let him know he must have made a error when he was typing to give him & Delta the benefit of the doubt. I also asked to deal with another department from this point forward. His only response was that his supervisor is expecting my signed agreement back as soon as possible. And on that note -- they don't deserve another response from me.


In my opinion, it is not a mistake that defines a company -- what defines a company is how they work to remedy the situation, both in the short & long term. Delta, this is a "test" of integrity YOU HAVE FAILED. You have failed Snickers, you have failed your patrons, you have failed your stockholders & most importantly, you have failed yourselves.


Felt good to say that. Heather

9 comments:

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

oh I am speechless and heartbroken...
I will never fly with Delta again!!!!

Everycat said...

What a despicable, hard nosed, shabby company Delta are. They have let themselves down very badly with their lack of responsibility and compassion.

Whicky Wuudler

Freya's Staff said...

I hope and pray that the papers, and the TV will take this story and run with it.

Such a disgraceful display of utter contempt for a paying customer's feelings is beyond contempt.

I hope the CEO is forced to resign.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is totally despicable. You need to publicise their attitude as much as possible. I have never flown with Delta and now I will make darned sure I never do!

AFSocksScylla said...

This is awful.

Really don't know what to say. Delta is a cold heartless corporation to say the least.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I am speechless. The is truly pitiful. A slap in every animals lovers face. I, too, will never fly Delta again.

Kat's Kats said...

That's it. Delta is on my boycott list and I'm going viral with this.

Ellen Whyte said...

It's not the money, it's the attitude. Delta already have a lousy reputation, and obviously they deserve it. I have a long memory for this sort of thing, and will make a point of informing my family in the US about this whenever air carriers come up in the conversation.

I'm so sorry about little Snickers. It must be heartbreaking for you.

KnottedFingers said...

I've been following Snickers story since it happened and I'm HORRIFIED that this is how it's ended. Delta is a horrible company. I'm boycotting them and spreading the wordf